1997 - Week 28

Subject: Introductions, maestro :)

Hi! Looks like we have about 26 people subscribed so far--great! Welcome and feel free to introduce yourselves if you would like, since we can't see who is subscribed yet.

Most of you probably know me, but for those who don't, my name is Lori Tostado, I'm an old Scholar near Sacramento, CA. I've been studying the Michael Teachings for 7 years, and about 3 years ago I took a class from Stephen C. and learned to channel Michael. This class was part of a wonderful spiritual awakening for me that has led me on a healing path. I am not a professional channel.

I'm 28 years old, married, and my husband and I have a 1-year old son who just steals hearts away... :) :) I work as a chemist for the state Air Resources Board testing air pollution (the quinnesential Scholar, collecting lots of data!!) because I want to save the Earth kinda like Al Gore I suppose. ;-) Heck, with all the people from all around the world who visit our laboratory to see how we monitor and analyze air pollution, tells me this place definitely does make a difference, and so does everyone. Meantime I still drive my gas-propelled motor vehicle--job security, you know. ;-) But, it passed the smog-check.

Well, I'm the "list operator" here and wanted to create this list to open up discussions about the Michael Teachings to everyone on the internet. It might be sort of like the Michael board on AOL, but this way you don't have to be an AOL subscriber to participate. I wanted us to have a place that was truly world-wide. I have a web page on the Michael Teachings with links to all the other ones that I know of, and with some general information regarding what the teachings are about.

If anyone's got some issues for discussion, don't be shy. All I ask is that we refrain from posting very blatant commercial advertisements here (use your own good judgement as to what's "blatant") on this list, since all these postings will end up on Rene's web-site archived, and we should respect this free area he's provided.

Thanks!

Lori Tostado

Subject: Michael LIne 2-10 (fwd)

Michael Line 2-10

In our last issue of the Michael Line we talked somewhat about cycling off and the global nature of your incarnations - that is, your incarnations all happen at the same time, you have only constructed a linear arrangement to give you an ease in understanding this greater part of yourself (Seth fans, this subject is well covered in "The Nature of Personal Reality).

To help you understand this a little more we will ask you to see your incarnations as a rising spiral rather than a straight line running through history. The spiral has repeating tonalities for those of you who are musical or repeating colors for those of you that are more visual. The repetition then represents a Karmic pattern that links particular lifetimes. You are not subject to all the Karma of all previous lifetimes, you are instead using a set of past lifetimes that links you into your present moment. (Although the information of all lifetimes is available to you, you draw upon those that best serve your present lifetime.) You are also, now, influencing present future lifetimes with your present actions. We say present future lifetimes because like all lifetimes, your future lifetimes are occurring now. Because of separation you are allowed to limit the scope of your present moment to focus into what you call "this lifetime".

Those of you who have practised inner journeys already have the tools to influence both past and future lifetimes giving more ease to your present lifetime. You can literally heal old Karmic Scars by inner time traveling to any past life and soothing that old body as a spirit guide. You can call on your future selves to come to your aid in the present. We simply suggest to give it a try, you may find it useful.

Within this moment you are now making choices in a past lifetime that are setting up conditions for your present lifetime. Within this moment you are experiencing conditions in a future life that are influenced by your actions in this lifetimes. You are not however bound by any of it - you are only influenced. Your karmas are simply props for your lessons. Your lessons are only a means through which you learn. Your learning graduates you through soul levels. The karma is not binding, it simply structures the obstacles. With practise you glide over them.

You will come to a place in your incarnations where you will realize that your lifetimes do not follow a linear arrangement - they all happen simultaneously. You will find a place or a moment within your lifetimes where this will be clear to you. You will have a realization here. Many of you have had this realization many times and in truth we must say that you have had this realization and you are also experiencing the realization at this moment. The paradox is that you do not have the memory of it. You are now experiencing the completion of your cycle of lifetimes since this completion is so overpowering it encompasses all lifetimes.

We do not want you to claim victim of your Karma and past life. This is a mistake many make. You construct your present moment, all of it, including all lifetimes. By operating from the present moment you exert the greatest influence over your Karmas, you are no longer the victim, or the slave, or the subject of your Karmas. They no longer rule you. They are in fact neutral and are created by you in this moment, now. You may say, "my life is difficult, I have suffered, people have mistreated me and I am unloved." We will maintain that you are constructing it. We also suggest that you may want to bring our the bulldozers and get to work on building a new foundation. Your chief feature burdens will not be traveling well. If you say you have practised affirmations to rid yourself of these burdens we will simply suggest that you try another approach. A key is to focus on what you want and not on getting rid of anything. We also suggest to choose your words well, whether in speech or thought. Your present habits of speech are very revealing to how you are creating your reality. Examine them closely. For example, you may have a task coming ahead that you dislike, you may say, "Now I have to worry about my car breaking down." This statement is just as powerful as any other statement about manifesting cars. What you have done though is manifest worry. You may want to change the statement to, "Now I have to plan for safe transportation". This is a much more positive thought pattern than the affirmation of worry. Much will be revealed to you by examining your thoughts and changing some of the wording. You may be dealing with "bad programming" which is being influenced by a past events.

You can change your past this way. If you find a joyful event in your memory then hold it. Joy will find the means for its perpetuation. Some nurturing of these memories will have a dramatic effect on how your life is unfolding. The point of cycling off is one of the most joyful events of your incarnations and you have access to it now. This then leads us to the subject of reality construction.

Next time, step by step instructions for do it yourself realty builders (you don't need a contractor's license)

Subject: A small intro....

Well Lori suggested that I submit this message that I sent to her to the Michael List as a way to say hello and possibly get feedback from others. I am very new (2 years) to the Michael teachings and really enjoy being open to reading and learning. At this point on the path I still get overly excited about things and my naiveté may show, but I've learned that is part of who I am. As a lead in.... I've been involved with computers since 1985 when I started running a BBS on the PC in my home office. I was bitten badly and soon became a "nerd". I am married, two grown daughters whom I'm very proud of, and still self employed after all these years. I extend my hand to all you other "newbies" ( a computer term we give to those who are just learning) to join me in getting this list going with all kinds of feedback and information sharing!!!! Sharing is always a GOOD thing...:) Then we might get those with more understanding/knowledge/experience to jump in and help clear up some of our confusion.... <g> (<g>=grin, <vsg>=very silly grin) So here goes... lets see if I can get this message out.

Diane L. Smith

----------
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 1997 8:57 AM
To: Lori Tostado
Subject: Wake up call......sigh.

I meet a man from England when I was doing beta work for Win95, MSN back in April 1995. When I had barely known him for less than a week, he gave me a message. He told me to "go with the flow" when all those I am to meet come my way. I was so in to the beta testing and so excited about what I was doing and all that was happening around me, that I basically said... sure Alan.... if you say sooooo.... (all with a smile, because this was a new friend). Little did I know then where those words would lead me. He gave me other things, all spiritual, and I'm sorry to say, that he has now moved on along his own path and I miss him. So at the same exact time, I was introduced to the first Michael book. It was like I had finally found the path I had been traveling for such a long time...and the excitement never seems to end. I have never felt anything so "comfortable" for me in my life. I soon devoured all four books by Yarbro, and not knowing there were others, have just recently started the first one for the third reading (almost finished). Each reading brings more awareness within myself and more understanding of existence and essence. I use to be so sure of what I was suppose to do in life. Now I KNOW I don't know....<silly grin> It feels like the "real" me is trying its darndest to come out and make itself known. If I can just survive the emotional upheaval. It's alllll sooooo (put the best expletive you can think of here...<s>). Well as usual, I am rambling... but you are the one who opened that floodgate....<very silly grin> or <vsg>....I knew my question would strike the cord of those who feel and know...THANKS!!! Your page should attract more souls like myself.... when we are ready to acknowledge the change, that you already knew was coming. I envy your youth (in body).... I will wonder why I took so long... you see.. I am 49.. working on my 50th year (and enjoying most parts of it)

Hugs (because we all need lots of them)
Diane

PS..... (oh silly me... and yes, I smile a LOT) have you by any chance read a book called "A Journey of Souls" Case Studies of Life Between Lives by Michael Newton, Ph.D. (he's in Northern CA) I found a lot of interesting correlation between this book and the Michael Teachings. Also found some validation...

Subject: introductions, maestro :)

Hi! Looks like we have about 26 people subscribed so far--great! Welcome and feel free to introduce yourselves if you would like, since we can't see who is subscribed yet.

Most of you probably know me, but for those who don't, my name is Lori Tostado, I'm an old Scholar near Sacramento, CA. I've been studying the Michael Teachings for 7 years, and about 3 years ago I took a class from Stephen C. and learned to channel Michael. This class was part of a wonderful spiritual awakening for me that has led me on a healing path. I am not a professional channel.

I'm 28 years old, married, and my husband and I have a 1-year old son who just steals hearts away... :) :) I work as a chemist for the state Air Resources Board testing air pollution (the quinnesential Scholar, collecting lots of data!!) because I want to save the Earth kinda like Al Gore I suppose. ;-) Heck, with all the people from all around the world who visit our laboratory to see how we monitor and analyze air pollution, tells me this place definitely does make a difference, and so does everyone. Meantime I still drive my gas-propelled motor vehicle--job security, you know. ;-) But, it passed the smog-check.

Well, I'm the "list operator" here and wanted to create this list to open up discussions about the Michael Teachings to everyone on the internet. It might be sort of like the Michael board on AOL, but this way you don't have to be an AOL subscriber to participate. I wanted us to have a place that was truly world-wide. I have a web page on the Michael Teachings with links to all the other ones that I know of, and with some general information regarding what the teachings are about.

If anyone's got some issues for discussion, don't be shy. All I ask is that we refrain from posting very blatant commercial advertisements here (use your own good judgement as to what's "blatant") on this list, since all these postings will end up on Rene's web-site archived, and we should respect this free area he's provided.

Thanks!
             .   |
                \|/ .
Lori Tostado  ---o---
Lorazz@CRL.com  /|\
Michael Teachings|Home Page

Subject: Another Hello

>okay...Diane's post has inspired me into action.(uh oh)

[big snip]

>So anyway, I'm really interested in hearing about who is on this
>list and how people got into the teachings. I picked up the first
>book on the advice of a penpal I was writing to.. I *will* get to the
>other books! soon!

And Melissa, being of like age, you have inspired me into action.

My name is Craig, I'm 25, and I'm trying *not* to be a software engineer. What I mean is, I just graduated from university with a degree in Computing Science, and all I can think about is getting out of that field and into something much more spiritual (unless I can combine the two). Apparently, I have talents of a spiritual nature, I just haven't found them yet. (Itching to find them.)

I guess I'd have to say that I only got into the Michael teachings in the last year. That's when I read Messages and More Messages. But my parents and my grandmother had been into the teachings over ten years ago, and they told me all about it at that time. It was very much in tandum with what my parents already taught me ever since I was quite young. Not all the technical stuff - overleaves etc. - but reincarnation, karma, older and younger souls.

When I read Messages, I didn't comprehend the chief features, the modes, the you-name-it. Not in a practical sense. But what I did find very useful was that it gave me a very clear message that we are all here, doing whatever the heck we're doing in our respective lives, for our very own reasons. So when I'm angry at what someone did or said to me, for instance, the clear message I get from the Michael stuff seems to allow me to see a person's life and behaviour *not* from the point of view of the moment that I got angry, not just that person's entire life with all the millions of moments that it must have, but from the viewpoint of his/her own reasons for doing things on a *multiple* lifetimes scale. It seems to free me up a little to do my own thing and let others do theirs. Until I forget, and I get caught up in the mire of life, of course ;)

I'd have to say, in all honesty, that I'm probably on this list because I'm wishing that someone would contact me and offer to... oh, I don't know... take me under his/her wing and help me develop my psychic talents that I supposedly have. And maybe to find out that there are others like me who are around the same age. I do like mingling with people who are a little older, as that tends to be the pattern in the field of the Michael teachings and the like, but I'm always pleasantly surprised to find out that I'm not the only young adult with these interests.

Thanks for listening,
Craig

Subject: Re: Another Hello

In a message dated 97-07-18 13:37:59 EDT, (Craig Silver) writes:

<< I'd have to say, in all honesty, that I'm probably on this list because I'm
wishing that someone would contact me and offer to... oh, I don't know...
take me under his/her wing and help me develop my psychic talents that I
supposedly have. >>

Craig,

The only difference between someone who is psychic and you, is that they are using it and you aren't. If you concentrate on your spiritual evolution, the psychic part will develop naturally, when you are ready. To open these gifts too soon with out the wisdom to balance them, is something you may want to think about. Psychic ability and advanced soul evolution are not the same thing.

Very much good fortune on your Journey,
Love in the Light
of the ONE
Michele

Subject: Introducing Kenneth Broom

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kenneth Broom. I am a late level Old Scholar in the Observation Mode with a Goal of Acceptance, an Idealist in the Emotional Part of Intellectual Center, with easy access to the Higher Emotional and Higher Intellectual Centers, and a diminishing Chief Feature of Impatience. I am 59 years old and was introduced to overleaves about 15 years ago when, at a channeling session, part of my entity family was asked to give overleaves in the manner of Michael. I am a semi-retired electronic "systems" engineer by education and profession; so I was immediately intrigued by this new "system" that would help me better comprehend how the universe works.

I can, almost at will, consciously contact non-physical fragments and entities. I am also an astrologist and astrologer, and I have been a psychic sensitive since I was a young child experiencing astral nightmares.

I joined this list to learn and to share in love whatever I can with like-minded others.

GOD Bless you all just for being.

Peace and Light to You and Yours,
Kenneth Broom, Columbia, MD, USA
aka I.A.M. Research

Craig Silver wrote:

[big snip]

> My name is Craig, I'm 25, and I'm trying *not* to be a software engineer.
> What I mean is, I just graduated from university with a degree in Computing
> Science, and all I can think about is getting out of that field and into
> something much more spiritual (unless I can combine the two). Apparently,
> I have talents of a spiritual nature, I just haven't found them yet.
> (Itching to find them.)

[another snip]

Craig, not to worry about a degree in Computer Science. I've been into computers for about 35 years now; ever since the Eniac and Eckert and Mauchley were doing their thing in Pennsylvania. I have a BSEE from Johns Hopkins Univ in Baltimore. It's been amazing to me to see how my technical knowledge and experiences have, without a doubt, helped me to better understand how the universe works, and even better, how I can "spiritually" best relate to the universe. Your ability to think and comprehend "system" as well as "component" may serve you quite well as you follow whatever path you follow.

"Don't worry. Be happy." (Bobby MacFerrin)

"No doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." (The Desiderata)

"Have fun... hurt no one." (Kenneth Broom)

kenbroom@earthling.net
aka I.A.M. Research

MetaMystic@aol.com wrote:

> Craig,
> The only difference between someone who is psychic and you, is that they
> are using it and you aren't. If you concentrate on your spiritual evolution,
> the psychic part will develop naturally, when you are ready. To open these
> gifts too soon with out the wisdom to balance them, is something you may
> want to think about. Psychic ability and advanced soul evolution are not
> the same thing.

Michele,

I appreciate your response to Craig. I hope to read more of your wisdom.
I'd also appreciate your introducing yourself; that is if you have no objection.

Kenneth Broom, Columbia, MD, USA
kenbroom@earthling.net
aka I.A.M. Research

Subject: Re: The Dimensions - A Cosmology - 2nd Try

On 18 Jul 1997, Kenneth Broom wrote:

> I still can't get the arithmetic to work out. The largest number I can
> get is 2,822,400 people in physical incarnation (7 cadres x 7 entities x
> 1200 essences x 12 fragments x 4 incarnate fragmants). Yet there are
> close to 6 billion people on earth at this momemnt. Where did the rest
> of us come from? As for the Michael math I love it, yet I still do not
> understand it all yet, and I am normally very good at math.

Hi Kenneth, and thank you for your intro... thank you everyone who are sending your intro's--this is great! :)

The way Shepherd Hoodwin explains it, there are actually more than 20 cadres on the planet (maybe a lot more than that--I forget) and they come in 12-packs not 7 as my diagram showed....It really is a crude drawing, and I can't fit a whole lot of what I'd like to on there.... There is some disagreement among the different channelings about the numbers, but there are some common threads. Michael math is not my forte either, I don't completely get it, but then again I didn't get Differential Equations very well either but somehow I passed... ;-) This multidimensional stuff can get pretty complicated! I find it fascinating nevertheless.

I read that Cosmology back when the Starbuilders guy (he calls himself Evin now, I think, unless he got walked-in to again...sheesh! ;-)) wrote it, and from some of those descriptions of the dimensions, made sense of where Michael says they are--on the 8th dimension, the mid-causal plane. I wasn't sure about how those really high planes were set up though, being so close to the Tao. But anyway, in dream states I've been to the 6th dimension, saw myself working with these light-forms, creating patterns and bringing them into the Earth realm. Those were trippy dreams those nights I had them....I saw one of my entity-mates there too working with me. He told me that he'd seen these same things, just that he didn't remember me being there too. It was all light-forms, hard to describe....My tiny brain here certainly can't comprehend the full meaning of it I know that.

Well, since I sent my intro there have been about 12 new people who have subscribed, so I want to say "Welcome," again! Please introduce yourselves...The archive for the list isn't up yet. I will be gone the next few days travelling, and working on some technical stuff for my Michael web pages, as the web site will soon be moving, and the url is going to be on spiritweb.org, but it may take some time to get it all working. It's all somewhat experimental right now. (sounds like the life of a scholar, huh? <GGG>)

For those of you who missed my intro, I'm Lori, the list operator, and I'm 28, married, an old scholar with an artisan essence-twin (ET), in the goal of growth, and I'm also a chemist by profession, an amateur Michael channel by passion for spiritual things, a relatively new mom.... In fact, about the only differences between me and Buckaroo Banzai is that I'm not a brain surgeon or a race-car driver!! Just kidding! %^) (actually if you want to know some more about me, please see my web-site http://www.crl.com/~lorazz/michael.html and click on my name....)

In Love and Light,
Lori

I read your letter and nearly jumped from my chair with joy. Well said. Dick Sutphens of Valley of the Sun Publishing and his famous Bushido SST workshops,writes the following affirmation in one of his many self help tapes and videos.

I, ... , (AM) OPEN(ING) UP PSYCHICALLY AS I DEVELOP SPIRITUALLY.

I went the other way when I first became interested in the field of psychic pheonomina. Many a wise person tried to point of to me to folly of this course of action. I did not listen and nearly blew myself out of the running thereby.
Developing spiritually gives on the tools need to discern the validity and 'correctness' of the physic impressions received. Such development gives you the wisdom needed to handle the information given you along with the inner knowledge of how and when to use the information thus provided.
An analogy is useful here. Say I know how to turn on the ignition of a car and release its break. Does that give me the experience, knowledge and wisdom necessary to be a safe responsible driver. No.
So, Little One, seek spiritual development and the psychic abilities will unfold far faster than if you sought to force them open without prior preparation. Trust me, It is the safe route to take. I hope you listen. I did not and had a most difficult time of it. I am a Ram you see and have been told I have INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH STUBBORNNESS.
That is true.
I made a vow to the Creator and to myself that if I ever ran across someone who was beginning to go down the path I had walked and I could help make them aware of the long term consequences , I would do so.
Think Twice.
What you will experience otherwise, is not a pretty picture.

Much Love
Lady Athena.

Subject: Another intro

Hi everybody. I am fighting doing this tooth-and-nail, but here I go.

My name is Aida Rodriguez-Parnas and I now live in St. Louis - previously in New York City. I am 46 years old, married, have a son age 10. I was originally born in Cuba, and have lived in various places since we emigrated in 1960, including in Spain and Uruguay. I have been reading MIchael for 2 years or so after a neighbor and karmic connection of some sort handed the first two books to me. I've also read Seth, Castaneda, Robert Monroe and more, and have been involved in spiritual pursuits since childhood. I am a practicing Buddhist, rather eclectic, but have a great affinity for Tibetan Buddhism. I have recently signed on as a student of Surya Das (he has a website - if interested, search for Dzogchen.org) and have taken teachings from various other Tibetan teachers, mostly of the Nyingma tradition.

As far as I can tell, I have all the earmarks of a second level-old server/slave. Overleaves: goal of growth, in observation modespiritualist attitude.
Chief feature at times seems to be arrogance, at times self-deprecation. Centering: emotional part of the intellectual center (I agonize unnecessarily over a lot of mental stuff). The rest I don't know yet.

I am currently going through a serious over-the-hump realignment of pursuits as I surrender to oldness, and it's no picnic, especially because of the centering. I am very clear that this work is a paddle-your-own-canoe deal, but hem and haw about surrendering to the inevitable quest wholeheartedly. I am really exhausted from trying to hold back though.

So, here you have me. I'm looking forward to participating in this, folks...

Finding Lori's site and the Michael websites is "mana from heaven" to me.

You see, the karmic setup was that I grew up in a family headed by parents who were both physicians (dad probably a young sage, mom a mature warrior), and very critical of anything spiritual or psychological. And so - (guess what!) I feel self-conscious about "coming out" with spiritual things, and especially if it's channeled ("...THEY'll think I'm crazy..."). I am enjoying reading the intros - knowing you people are out there it's very reassuring! I look forward to this Michael connection... Best regards!

Aida.