Role Preference

This came up in an off-list discussion the other day. How many of you have role preferences? In other words, do you find yourself naturally attracted to certain roles? 

Best,
Dave

---

There are classic combinations of roles, but how strongly that affects a person seems to depend a lot on how much one's secondary influences (casting, ET, overleaves) reinforce role.

I have a Michael chart that is almost all sage: role, ET, casting, acceptance, and idealist. So my affinity for artisans is very strong.

Whatever one's role, people also tend to be strongly attracted to people who have the role of their ET.

Shepherd

---

> Hello, fellow King :) I did read in one of the Stevens books that Kings and Artisans make a good match, because we have similar focuses on mastery, and something about how the Artisan admires the King's creativity and ability to get things done. <<

Yes, over the years I've made contact with several female kings and have always enjoyed the interaction. Male kings seem more aloof, though -- at least from my experience. You could argue that there's quite a divide between kings and artisans, but that could be part of the opposites attract dynamic that goes on between these two roles. For me, I find most female kings to be sophisticated and level-headed and that works well with my intellectual centering and scholar ET influence. 

With a scholar ET, I do find myself noticing scholars quite a bit and I always find scholar women to be attractive. In general I think we tend to be attracted to the role of our ET. I know I've had many scholar friends over the years. But sages seem attracted to my artisanity, too. I would say my circle is usually composed of scholars, sages, and kings. Though, I have nothing against any of the roles. 

Best,
Dave